We require a talented all rounder to assist our Head and Admin department. It is a very varied role with some reassuring repetitive tasks too. We use many state of the art cloud computing systems so you will gain very valuable industry experience. We are a socially responsible organisation and our settings are established in beautiful surroundings. The small team of teachers and support staff are very dedicated and we very see ourselves as an extended friendly family. We are not a special needs school but do have a lot of experience helping children who have lost a degree of self esteem in more formal learning environments.
- Dealing with parent inquiries
- Putting new applications on the our systems
- Dealing with most aspects of book keeping / invoices / credit control / sales and expenses ledgers using our cloud based Xero system
- Maintaining a data base spreadsheet system
- Dealing with University of Oxford child care services & Oxford county council
- A general PA role to the school's Principles
The position is rewarding and you will have considerable responsibilities. The key skills required are...
- Great organisation - it's crucial you can prioritise your work and ensure that work is carried through to completion
- Interpersonal or people skills
- A real practical 'can do attitude'.
The role is potentially quite flexible...
- 3 to 4 days per week to begin with
- Some working from home on specific tasks
- Pay is calculated on the basis of £8.00 to £10 per hour (depending on experience)
- Holidays. Minimum 5 weeks paid. More by negotiation (Unpaid)
- Term time / Holidays. We do not require cover throughout the holiday weeks but do need a part time presence so this will need to agreed by negotiation
- Hours. Fairly flexible, we have to ensure that the office is covered in the morning for 9am to 5pm, again by negotiation
You will need...
- To be able to get to us - we're rural so a car is required unless you are a hardy cyclist.
- To be genuinely computer literate
- To be good with people and to be calm and patient.
Our main office is located in Elsfield. Oxford. OX39UW.