Discounts / Volunteering & Work in Exchange for Fee Reductions
OMS operates as a not for profit community. We are not a charity, but the partners/proprietors take a basic wage. Profits are invested in the gentle expansion of facilities and resources - most importantly, teaching staff.
It is very challenging for us to offer discounts to parents and teachers as we budget to keep the nursery and school small, yet well resourced. It's quite a balancing act.
- Teachers are paid to the limits of our capacity.
- The school has a unique fee structure - charges fall as children move up through the school.
We recognise in some circumstances the need to reduce fees for parents who have special circumstances: For example.
- Having more than one child at the nursery, primary or senior school. We offer sibling discounts of 10% on which ever fee is the lower. 20% may be offered on one of the places if a sibling joins a child in the same year group. *Please note these discounts only apply to full time place places.
- Year Discounts of 5% are offered for parents who wish to pay for 3 terms in advance.
- We can also reduce fees where a parent or relative carries out volunteer work that we may rely upon to reduce our costs. Work for Fee Reductions are possible if an individual has a specific skill to offer. We currently have much appreciated help with accounts and invoicing using these arrangements. Others areas that could qualify are local marketing / fund raising / events organisation / general administration...
- Up to 30% may be deducted from termly or annual fees
- In very special instances up to 60% may be deducted.
- A simple contract is agreed